Monday, July 21, 2014

Past, Present, and Future


            Don’t you hate it when your partner makes your past indiscretions, your present and future? He holds you liable for something you did before him and decides to make it all about him? Then without notice, you find yourself trying to remember something that happened a very long time ago? You also find yourself explaining things that have nothing to do with your present or your future because like I said, it’s in your past!! Ummm excuse me for screaming. LOL

            Why is it that men want to see you as perfect? They create this facade and then expect you to live up to this carefully manufactured woman who stands on a pedestal, is unflawed and defecates flowers? How many of you have been in this predicament? What did you do? Let me tell you what I did…..

            I’m going to be honest. Love will have you doing things that are uncharacteristically you.  Initially, I thought I was at fault for hurting him. I tried to explain myself. My voice even changed to some sing-songy type falsetto that was sugary sweet and could probably be turned into a Keith Sweat hit: complete with whining and everything. Then I woke up!

            My past is my past. Your past is your past. Why should it matter what you did prior to your current relationship? I’m just skimming the surface on this topic but I extend this conversation to include if the woman was a stripper, prostitute or ‘round the way sticking tool. It’s her past!!

            I’ve learned that men are afforded many free-passes. They can come to a woman with a past so sordid, you think about taking an STI test just to talk on the phone. As women, we are expected to be akin to Mary. We have to be pure or very close to it, the less children the better (even though men have more than one baby momma), and please don’t tell him you’re not a virgin (tip: remain abstinent for at least nine months prior to this judgmental man, that way you can say you’re a born again virgin. LOL).

            My point is: Why Does Her Past Matter? Why are men so consumed with what she’s done in her past instead of focusing on how those incidents made her the lovable woman she is today? I’ll tell you what. Keep focusing on a woman’s past and watch your present and future situation….without her! Take that! *drops mic and walks away*
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment